3.1.11

Style I'd Steal

Have you seen the sneak peek on Design*Sponge today?! I am so delighted to see a home with western touches AND bright colors AND a mix of antique and modern furniture with lots of interesting art mixed in. This is just the kind of style I'd love my own home to have and now that I've seen someone else's version I can see more clearly how to achieve my own vision.


Bedroom: The horizontal stripes on the bedding are reminiscent of striped western shirts and old school mattresses and I am actually digging the natural wood trim with the wall color. The only negative for me is the shotgun propped against the wall (see original post) which makes this scene look over-styled -- even if it is Texas.


Kitchen: I am a huge fan of the blue cabinets combined with the natural wood open shelving. I don't think I'd take subway tile all the way to the ceiling (a little too "easy clean-up/Dexter's kill room" for me) but everything about the structure of this kitchen I like. It certainly doesn't hurt to have the concrete counter tops and floor, plus I actually own a table just like the one in the middle of the room!


Living: Look at that awesome floor lamp! I'm also a big fan of the ram head over the fireplace, the round coffee table and the bright pops of color everywhere.


Bathroom: I love everything in this bathroom from the claw-foot tub to the painted door!

Love, love, love!