5.8.14

Super Fun Bedsheets for Adults DO Exist!

I just finished making up the master bed and I thought to myself, "man, why are there no fun, patterned sheet sets for adults?" I knew West Elm had good patterned sheet sets and some cool, patterny duvet covers but I wanted to find polka dotted sheets in fun colors that were bright and fun but wouldn't scream "I still sleep in a queen because they make super hero sheets this size" or "I'll never grow up, mortgage be damned!"

While it's easy to find wild and colorfully patterned duvet covers and shams but I prefer the "fun" to be inside the bed. I'd rather the room feel soothing and like a welcome place to rest but with a secret. Like a fruity candy filling inside a classic and reserved chocolate shell. When you peel back the covers of the bed it's like a happy surprise. If only Willy Wonka designed bed linens ...

Curiosity sent me on an immediate mission to prove myself wrong. In the latest issue of HGTV Magazine I had seen a cute kids bedroom with white on yellow polka dotted sheets from Land of Nod, so I started there.


What a glorious selection of fun patterns and colors! Here are my more adult favorites (come on, I'd love those stars and lightning bolts but the other half would very quickly veto them) from Land of Nod, though keep in mind they only go up to Queen size.

like a classic wool suit with a twist, the aptly named, Dapper


large white dots on navy are the preppy cool New School



Fashionista is a girly take on a hand-made graphic pattern

Mixed with rich solid colors, layered neutrals or even complimentary ethnic prints these sheets can easily go from kiddie to cool.

Emboldened by these finds in the kids department I ventured forth with the obvious Google search "fun bed sheets for adults." When the top result was The Company Store, I smacked my forehead, DUH!

Orb Moonshadow has a lovely color palette


the delightfully mid-century Carson

so fun and bright, I love these graphic Calypso Fish for summer or that dream beach house

If you're willing to shell out some more money for sheets Pine Cone Hill also has some colorful and fun options. To look at.

adult but still cool, Watercolor Dots


super fun Lyric Paisley


Parma is ornate but not stuffy

I am delighted to report that there are many sources for fun bedding out there. An immediately obvious source is the ever delightful, Marimekko brand. You can find a good variety at FinnStyle here, and a few more at Crate and Barrel here.

Here is a little list of other blog bedding round-ups and sites to find fun stuff:
2. Snurk Bedding: visual trickery and funny duvet covers
3. Society6 has gotten in on the bedding game with artist made duvets
4. All Modern has some gems in their bedding section with solid brights, ogee pattern, a super cool water splash pattern and many varieties of stripes, dots and even color-blocking.
5. Pottery Barn teen won me over with the fun cheetah, paisley, plaids and rugby stripe.
6. TrendHunter is really on the ball with humorous and fast food inspired finds.

Why should kids have all the fun anyway?